Top 10 Generative AI Tools to check out in 2023
Last Updated : 07 Sep, 2023
The latest buzz in the tech tinsel town, Generative AI is creating huge waves all across the world. It’s a branch of Artificial Intelligence which is associated with development of algorithms and models that generate multiple types of creative content. The type of content produced can range from text to audio to image to code to videos and simulations. As per a recent survey, over 50% of organisations (Source: VentureBeat) are currently exploring Gen AI- and for all the right reasons. The Gen AI tools deploy automation technology give wings to human creativity that eventually helps to drive innovation and enhance operational efficiency. In the present scenario, AI tools have spread their prevalence over almost every sphere of work.
How do Generative AI tools operate?
Generative AI tools work with the help of advanced ML techniques, especially deep learning models, neural networks, and NLP (Natural Language Processing). One good example is Variational Autoencoders (VAEs) – while you also have Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs). These Machine Learning technologies train the Gen AI tools to ingest, comprehend, as well as find underlying patterns in huge datasets. The findings and information are then used to generate logical responses on the basis of given input data. However, these tools need completely unbiased, ethical, clean, and pertinent training data to offer reasonable outputs.
Why do you need to use Generative AI tools in 2023?
Here is a list of main advantages of generative AI tools that have made them popular among users from different domains:
Easy Content generation:
Generative AI enables in producing original and fresh content such as music, videos, images, and more.
Cost and time efficiency:
Automates intensive and repetitive tasks that helps in saving both cost and time.
AI tools help in generating new concepts, ideas and designs.
Designed to create customized content that is tailored as per individual requirements and preferences of the user.
Data training and augmentation:
Augmentation of training datasets can be executed by generation of synthetic datasets with realistic variation.
Top Generative AI tools
The list below shows the Gen AI tools which are trained in the form of deep learning AI algorithms, neural networks and natural language processing for ingesting and to generate necessary responses based on the data that is taken as input.
An updated sequel of GPT- 3 and GPT-3.5, GPT-4 is more advanced, more stable, and way safer than the previous versions. The tool is designed for NLP (Natural Language Processing) as well as automated text generation based on user input.
- Accepts text and image inputs,
- Multilingual capacity,
- Ability to outperform on multiple benchmarks,
- Improvement in the factual performance.
- Reliable and consistent performer,
- Cost-effective tool,
- Extensive training and safety checks,
- Safety improvements and expert evaluation.
- Not capable of reasoning and hence could lead to reasoning errors,
- Still carries security concerns,
- Shows bias in different outputs,
- Does not analyze video or audio.
The most popular one, ChatGPT, provides a user-friendly approach for the basic generation of content.
- Optimised for the human dialogue with the RLHF,
- Allows users to access and save conversation history,
- ChatGPT Plus provides an easy payment option through credit card,
- Conversational context,
- Personalized interaction.
- Can be used by general public free of cost,
- Provides accurate responses and natural interactions.
- Tool is not able to access current events and data after September 2021. However, the newly available plugins can easily fix the issues,
- Prone to misuse and errors,
- ChatGPT can generate offensive and inaccurate outputs.
A state-of-the-art AI-based pair programmer, GitHub Copilot transforms the natural language prompts right into code recommendations for multiple languages. Put simply, the tool extends autocomplete-like suggestions for coding to make things faster and easier for coders. GutHub Copilot has got separate packages for individual and business usage.
- Suggestions for multiline functions,
- Corporate proxy and organization wide management of policies,
- Style and context-based recommendations of coding.
- Built on data sets and extensive capabilities of GitHub public repositories,
- Copilot can block any suggestions that may match public code.
- Limited capacity while supporting users with new frameworks, library code and APIs,
- There may be variation in security and code quality,
- Autocompletion and over-reliance.
Bard is a futuristic content generation tool which runs on a highly advanced transform based model, named LaMDA.
- Operates on transformer based model,
- Accessible through the personal Google accounts,
- Can support software development and programming tasks.
- Able to fetch better responses in comparison to ChatGPT as it draws data from internet,
- The Google product follows a transparent and ethical approach towards AI development,
- Privacy friendly,
- Provides over-informative content,
- Provides vague summary at times,
- Not multilingual, only available in English.
It is an AI chatbot assistant that shares certain major similarities with ChatGPT. Claude has been designed with a focus on easy customisation and safety.
- Available in slack,
- The Backend API is available for the developers,
- Processes larger amount of text,
- Can carry out natural conversations,
- Enable to automate workflows.
- Detailed and easily understandable,
- Better feedback and high user engagement,
- Claude seems to be self-aware and provides detailed description to the users when the prompt is not able to answer the user questions.
- Free version of Claude is not available,
- It is not able to access internet,
- Incorrect answering of factual questions.
Synthesia is the AI video creation framework which allows users to create videos on the basis of scripted prompts. The tool carries a library of AI avatars, video, and voice templates for creating realistic sound and images.
- More than 125 AI avatar characters,
- More than 120 accents and languages,
- Users can create their own AI avatars.
- Buyers can check out tool that have free AI video,
- Generates high quality avatars and different vocal and facial expressions,
- Enables creation of lifelike videos.
- Lesser scope of customisation and lacks any sort of advanced features,
- Appearance of occasional bugs while authorizing the environment,
- Poor customer support.
It is a text generating solution that focuses on sales and product management. The tool is handy for software development as well.
- Creates blog and Ad copy,
- Copies content generation that is focused on sales and marketing,
- Writes description of product,
- Works with hybrid, public and private cloud environments.
- Smooth navigation,
- Provides detailed insights regarding user behavior and assisting seamlessly,
- Command model of Cohere is easy to use API.
- More expensive to embed in comparison to other models,
- Limited focus on sales and marketing use cases.
It is the latest iteration of OpenAI in terms of art and image generation.
- Can create different variations of original image,
- Inpainiting features provides easy accessibility of edit requests of images,
- Outpainting features allows user to expand the existing images.
- OpenAI has been able to take necessary steps for improving appropriateness and safety of DALL-E 2 generation. It is possible by removing the explicit content from training data,
- Prevents generation of harmful content.
- High price,
- Lesser creative in comparison to humans.
- Transformer-based language model,
- Solutions and dataset are available on GitHub,
- Provides smart filtering after generating large scale codes.
- Efficient critical thinking ability which are informed by experience,
- Can be accessed free of cost on GitHub,
- Extensive testing, training and research in development of the tools.
- Content generated can be wrong,
- Provides user dependent learnings.
It is one of the mostly used and popular AI tools for writing. It supports easy differentiation of content intent, for instance slogans, headlines, marketing copy etc.
- Provides localized services,
- Simple to interpret,
- Multilingual facilities,
- Transcription services,
- Helps in writing personalized emails.
- Helpful for social media managers,
- Provides free access,
- Carries pre-built prompts.
- Requires checking of factual content,
- Lagging issues while generating content.
Generative AI tools and applications can easily fulfill different requirements of projects for personal and professional use. These cutting-edge developments serve as a great aide for creative content development, coaching, and research. Best part is, the advanced Gen AI tools have proven to reduce both the workload and time taken for several tedious tasks. While there is a burning debate on whether these tools would take over employment- one thing for sure- the Gen AI tools have certainly dawned in a new era in work, life, and everything in between.